GI Renew #5 Glycerin - Mover (Formally Stomach/Bowel #5)
- Cascara Sagrada Bark
- Cape Aloe Leaf
- Gentian Root
- Slippery Elm Bark
- Fennel Seed
- Ginger Root
All Herbs in our Formulas are Organic, Wildcrafted, or Consciously Cultivated
Other ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin and Raw Honey.
Generally, any herbs with stimulant laxative properties are contraindicated during pregnancy due to concerns of stimulating uterine contractions. Recent research has shown that some stimulant laxatives (Cascara Sagrada and Cape Aloe included) have shown no adverse effects on pregnancy or the fetus when used according to the recommended doses. As such, we consider the GI Renew formulas safe for use during pregnancy when used as recommended (and with common sense).
Choose the Correct GI Renew Formula Based on Your Current Bowel Movement Frequency
- GI Renew #0 is for excessive movements and diarrhea-type stools.
- GI Renew #1 is for loose stools and those who have 3 or more movements a day.
- GI Renew #2 is for one bowel movement a day, or someone who misses a day once in awhile.
- GI Renew #3 is for someone whose bowels move every other day to every 3rd day.
- GI Renew #4 is for someone whose bowels move every third day or so.
- GI Renew #5 is for someone whose bowels are not moving much at all and needs a big boost to get going.
None known. However, avoid during early pregnancy.